You are probably here from my How to Try a Capsule Wardrobe for 31 Days post. Welcome! If not you might pop over and see what the heck I’m talking about. I am experimenting this month with the wildly popular
I picked out 33 pieces to create 31 outfits for the month as part of my 360° Challenge to find a simpler more intentional life this year. This month is an exercise in finding contentment in one small aspect of my world- my wardrobe- which prior to the purge was actually not small at all! But here I am. I’ve attempted to model the pieces I chose out of my closet so you could get an idea of how it works. ALSO I did it to test for myself if the Cladwell app was right and there were enough mix and match possibilities. Besides contentment I am hoping to find an ease in getting ready for the day, less thinking when going out and to see what the fuss over this capsule thing is all about. If a girl who
thinks thought she needed tons of outfit options can do this then it really is worth all the hype.
So here is a look at 31 outfit possibilities for January. Update: I wore almost all of these- except for a few days when our FREEZING temperatures here in Texas called for more layering and my snow jacket to come into play!
I’ve linked to purchasable items above but some items I was unable to get direct links for. Here is a close up at the individual pieces of mine and more links below to the items again or similar ones if mine no longer exist!
2. Velvet bow back shirt dress
3. Striped button down flannel
4. Black skinny ripped knee jeans
5. Ash platform sneakers (old Nordstrom)- similar here
6. Blue slouchy V-neck t-shirt (old from a boutique in Denver) similar here and here
7. Waterfall vest (old stitch fix)- similar here
10. Grey booties
11. Faux leather moto jacket– old but they still have it!
12. Lulus vegan suede leggings– gift
14. Dansko wedge booties– half gift money
15. Sweater blazer
17. Jeans Jeans Jeans white tee
18. 7 for all Mankind light blue skinny jeans (old Nordstrom Rack)- similar here
19. Off shoulder pink sweater worn as cowl neck
20. Zipper back sweater top– gift
21. Drapey long sleeve shirt in grey
22. Rue La La-Frye Cara Roper boot – here
23. Chelsea bootie (sold out Nordstrom)- similar here
24. Puffer vest
25/26. Drapey T-shirts in grey and black
27. Long sleeve fitted pink shirt
28. Chicwish tweed coat (old)- similar here
29. Oversized long cardigan (old Everlane)- similar here
30. 7 for all Mankind theSkinny blue jeans (sold out Nordstrom Rack)- similar here
What is your favorite go to item of clothing? What do you wear most often? What do you wash most often? What would you put in your capsule? Any recommendations? Comment below!
Bonus! In case you cared to know, not that you did; here are some links to my few accessories. (They are not pictured above, well, because that was more work and covered up the capsule items anyway.)
Grey Ruffle Scarf (old H&M)- couldn’t find a good similar item! darn! Really any scarf will do. Pick one in a neutral that will go with everything and is soft against your skin.
Diamond stud earrings- old from Costco for our 10 year anniversary in 2015! I seriously wear them every. single. day. Thanks again love for such a perfect gift.
Occasionally, aka rarely, I’ll put on a dangly pair of earrings for an event. I’ve been using these leather feather ones a friend gave me- she makes them! Lightweight enough for me and go with everything. Thanks Whit at Dazzling Hospitality.
And that’s a rap. If I had a wrap in my capsule that would’ve been a fun little pun. Next time.
2 thoughts on “Why There Are Only 33 Items in My Closet Right Now”